This position fosters and enhances worship and prayer life in the local Church at both the parish and diocesan levels. The successful candidate will be able to inspire liturgical renewal within the broad reach of the Catholic Tradition and promote the solemnity of liturgical celebrations in the Diocese of Corpus Christi while giving special attention to sacred music in harmony with the tradition of sacred music in the Church.
- Assists the bishop in his role as chief liturgist of the diocese.
- Coordinates and assists in the planning and preparation of diocesan Masses and liturgies at which the bishop presides, participates or attends, including the Chrism Mass, clergy funerals, Rite of Election, ordinations, dedications of churches and altars, blessings and other diocesan ceremonies and events; works closely and in consultation with the bishop’s master of ceremonies.
- Plans, presents and arranges workshops for the training and education of clergy, liturgical ministers and the faithful of the diocese.
- Establishes, serves on and consults with the diocesan liturgical planning commission for diocesan, parish, and other institutions or organizations; serves as a consultant on liturgical matters for parishes and institutions, clergy, lay liturgical ministers and the faithful.
- Communicates liturgical guidelines and directives; recommends policy, practice and catechesis in the areas of divine worship and sacramental life.
- All other Duties as assigned
- Practicing Catholic in good standing is required
- Master’s degree in Liturgy or Theology and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a diocese; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the required work and responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of and commitment to the liturgical norms of the Church; familiarity with sacred music.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of Catholic ecclesial life and structure, along with knowledge of church organizational and operational procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally (including oral presentations) and in writing; able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, parishes, schools, vendors, and the general public.
- Strong interpersonal skills, creativity, decision-making, use of discretion, teamwork, negotiation, public relations, fostering the Church’s mission, independent judgment/action, presentations/teaching, supervising, problem analysis, theological/pastoral analysis and ability to handle multiple projects/priorities.
- Proficiency with computer and basic office software.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must successfully complete background and drug screening
All interested candidates may download an employment application from the website and send a resume to:
Diocese of Corpus Christi
c/o Diana Sanchez,
Post Office Box 2620,
Corpus Christi, TX 78403-2620