Federation of Our Lady of Guadalupe Societies
About the FederationThe Federation of Our Lady of Guadalupe Societies is a religious ministry under the Office of Evangelization in the Diocese of Corpus Christi. The Federation encourages the propagation of the faith through prayer. It was established in May, 2006.
“Through the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe, many have seen Christ touch people’s lives in inexplicable ways. Recall as she said to St. Juan Diego, ‘I am your Merciful Mother who wishes to hear and help all those who invoke and place their confidence in me.’ With this in mind, let us all move forward in promoting a greater devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe!”
To evangelize within the Diocese, our parishes, and the civic community, and to promote devotion to our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Diocese of Corpus Christi and of the Americas.
II. Goals of the Federation
- Evangelization - to spread the word of God to others.
- To instill in its members a missionary spirit to promote spiritual growth among ourselves and others.
- To venerate the Blessed Virgin through her title of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- To assist in the preparations for the annual diocesan celebration of the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe on December 12.
- To offer prayers for the intentions of our Holy Father the Pope, our pastor, priests, and deacons.
- To comply with the guidelines as set by the Archicofradía de Santa María de Guadalupe from the Basilica in Mexico City.
- To visit the sick, the nursing homes, the lonely, and those fallen away from the Church.
- To dedicate ourselves to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in union with Heart of Mary by:
B. Making reparations for sins by offering sacrifice, penance, prayer, etc.
C. Frequenting the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
D. Receiving Holy Communion as often as possible
E. Reciting the Rosary daily.
IV. Activities of the Federation
- Members must attend Mass on the 12th of each month as required by the Archicofradía of Our Lady of Guadalupe from the Basilica in Mexico City.
- Members attend Rosary and Mass on the first Saturday of the month.
- The Federation assists with the needs of the diocese, whenever possible.
- The Federation organizes and coordinates the