The Diocese of Corpus Christi is searching for a dedicated Director of the Office of Family Life and Respect Life.
The Director assists pastors, parishes and Catholic organizations in developing, coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive, marriage, family life, and pro-life ministry; will direct and implement programs and formation to advance the pastoral mission of the Bishop of the Diocese of Corpus Christi in all areas related to family life. In a collaborative manner, prepare and continually educate the people of the diocese to faithfully live the covenant vocation of marriage and family life; encourage couples in their role as a living sacrament; provide ongoing support to marriages and families throughout all stages of life; work with the divorced, separated and those who have lost their spouse; and nurture the call to holiness of family life and promote the dignity of human life at every stage
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, Chancery offices, parishes and pastoral leadership for development and implementation of the Bishop’s pastoral plans
- Recruit and form ministers for diocesan and parish programs
- Motivate others in sharing the faith with renewed enthusiasm and new methods
- Create and develop ongoing formation in live and online formats
- Direct and oversee Natural Family Planning instruction and ongoing promotion in the diocese
- Direct and oversee the Diocesan Marriage Preparation Program and Convalidation seminars
- Evaluate and implement marriage and family life programs and resources, with special focus on remote marriage preparation and parenting
- Develop programs to incorporate parents in the catechesis of their children
- Execute large-scale events focused on pro-life causes, including annual Rally for Life and Advocacy Day
- Serve as resource to facilitate divorce and bereavement support groups, post-abortive healing ministry, and counseling referrals within the diocese
- Promote and support other independent marriage and family life ministries within the diocese
- Execute large-scale diocesan Marriage Enrichment events
- Execute Bishop’s annual Jubilee Wedding Anniversary Mass
- Act as liaison to the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops on marriage and family life issues
- Direct administrative support by mentoring, coaching and monitoring job performance
- Maintain office budget and finances
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be a practicing Catholic in full-communion and good standing with the Church.
- Professional degree in theology or related field, Master’s in marriage & family preferred
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience to include staff supervision, budget, policy planning and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills with the Catholic community through pastors, educators, health providers and various social services.
- Extensive experience, training and understanding of Natural Family Planning.
- Familiarity and experience with using new media for the purposes of the New Evangelization.
- Experience teaching marriage preparation classes, FOCCUS inventory and other life-skills programs for marriage preparation.
- Experience working with parishes in developing programs to strengthen families and family life.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings, conduct oral presentations, and write documents and/or reports.
- Demonstrated ability to enable staff to accomplish goals through collaboration, collegiality and team organization.
- Understanding and commitment to this position as a ministry, not merely a job.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work with people of various economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual competency (English/Spanish) a plus
Applicant must meet diocesan requirements:
- Submit to a criminal background check, MVR check and drug screening.
- Certified in Safe Environment training provided by the Office for
- Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
- Position requires adherence to diocesan policies and procedures.
This full-time position includes medical insurance and 403 (b) retirement benefits.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
All interested candidates may download an employment application from the website and send a resume to:
Diocese of Corpus Christi
c/o Diana Sanchez,
Post Office Box 2620,
Corpus Christi, TX 78403-2620